Relocation Blog

I was fired by my employer in Sweden, now what?

Posted by Lena on Dec 29, 2016 11:14:00 AM

Things don’t always go according to plan. When an assignment for any reason is ended before the expiration date of the work permit there are some things that come into play for the immigration perspective. In the first two year period the work permit is tied to the place of work and the role (if you are promoted in that time) changes are necessary. If you find yourself out of a job you may stay in Sweden for 90 days to try and find a new position. The new employer must file a new work permit application in order to stay compliant.

There’s more documentation than when you applied the first time around so keep all files related to your work handy because you will need them.

Let our immigration team know and we can advise you on the next steps if you want to stay!



Contact our immigration team today and they will give  you their expertise and guidance throughout the process 

Topics: Working in Sweden, HR, Swedish Immigration